1. What do your impressions of using Daily Burn? Do you currently use another form of online exercise and nutrition tracker? If so what is it and which features do you like better? If not, why not and will you consider staying apart of our Rockstar Group? Be sure to include your screen shots (at least 3) that you took and cropped.
- I really do like this site it has a lot of tools that could be used in many different ways that you really don’t see anywhere else. It is very easy to use especially if you are a beginner. Also it looks like it could keep many people motivated in their workout. It gives them direction and guidance. One of my favorite parts of the website are the challenges page. You can challenge yourself in many areas of physical fitness. I have used other tools in the past but nothing like this website. The other websites like bodybuilding.com website has a weight and strength tracker, but this is the best site I have seen. I will always be a part of the Rockstar group because this is where I have learned many things throughout the semester.
- How would you use this website to accomplish our Recommended Regent’s Level for LS #1B? What modifications would you use to establish a group or individual’s goals?
- This site can easily accomplish everything needed to allow the students to make their own fitness plan. It is very easy to set up or follow a workout on here. It tells you days and also gives you information on how much you lost and how you can lose it. I would definitely set up a few challenges for the class that would do with individual weight lose and individual diet and workout along with class weight loss, class strength, and other information that I would find necessary for the students to be able to do and show their results.
- What electronic tool could you see as being useful for capturing data and reporting for the Recommended Regent’s Level for LS #1A? Describe how this tool might work in a High School Setting. If you plan to use Excel, or Google Forms, be sure to include a sample that can tried out online.
a.Heart rate monitors can be one great tool that can be used. Using heart rate monitors everyday can show how much a student is working. This information can be graphed and sent in but that just wouldn’t be enough. Taking pictures of a student’s daily burn can be another great tool. Pisca allows you to save screen shots into folders and these folders can be put into chronological order to show a student’s progress. Video clips of students doing certain activities throughout the year in class can also be used and can be mashed up into one showing students throughout the year or unit progressing. This can be done on numerous websites and programs.